Book Title: Leading Modern Learning: A Blueprint for Vision-Driven Schools - bring a level of alignment and intentionality to living out your school s vision and ... to Create Real, Lasting Change in Education)
Publisher: Solution Tree
Author: Jay McTighe
Bring focus to your mission for modern learning. Whether you're modifying a department, school, or district, the authors offer a systemic framework, proven processes, and practical strategies your team can use to achieve your school vision. Explore the building blocks for creating a curriculum that supports modern learning, uncover an assessment system that successfully captures evidence of 21st century skills, and learn how to align instruction with modern learning principles.
- Consider what mission statements should reflect and what effective mission statements look like.
- Apply a backward design and how it can align instruction with the principles of modern learning.
- Learn about the history of curriculum mapping, and explore each element of curriculum blueprints.
- Examine the principles and goals of effective assessment, and then explore a framework for assessments that can enhance learning as well as measure it.
- Review instructional procedures for personalizing learning and developing independent learners.
- Explore task templates and sample maps and rubrics for encouraging and interpreting modern learning.
Chapter 1: The Power of Visioning
Chapter 2: From Vision to Mission
Chapter 3: From Mission to Action
Chapter 4: Curriculum for Modern Learning
Chapter 5: An Assessment System for Modern Learning
Chapter 6: Instruction for Modern Learning
Chapter 7: A Reporting System for Modern Learning
Appendix A: Sources for Futures-Oriented Thinking Tools and Processes
Appendix B: Sources to Develop Performance Indicators for the 4Cs
Appendix C: Sample Performance Indicators for Modern Learning
Appendix D: Examples of Assessment Principles
References and Resources